Monday, February 18, 2013

Barnes, Noble and Me

Hubster gave me a few hours to myself and I did something I haven't been able to do in YEARS.


Went to the bookstore by myself!


It may not sound like much but I can't really remember the last time I got to just peruse the aisles. The pleasure I get from an unhurried trip; flipping through the crisp clean pages, judging books by their covers, cracking bindings for the first time (robbing their future owners from that privilege but I can't help myself) is an often underrated delight.


I found several new books that I will buy on my kindle, a new beach/bathtub book and this little beauty


I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship :)


Also I am dying to read Mindy Kalings book "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?", because I heart her and her weird sense of humor.  I think we would be friends.  And not in that weird "I'm an obsessive fan and just know if she would give me a chance it would be cosmic" way, but in that actual "she reminds me of my real friends and it really would be cosmic" way.  There is a difference.




P.S.  Funny little anecdote, I was perusing the discount paperbacks and without really paying attention I started straightening a stack so that all the bindings were in perfect alignment. It wasn't until they were exactly perfect that I took a moment to look at the book.




Well played B&N book stacker who obviously had an agenda when stacking these particular books in such a haphazard way, well played.

No comments: