Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chicken Nuggets to Chicken Parm



Ahh
, dinner time.

It never fails that it is 5:15 p.m. and I have put no thought into what to make for dinner. Usually my girls have started crying and I am just pulling things out of the fridge to try and throw together a decent meal, usually barely edible is as good as it gets around here.

See, I'm not the best cook. I can do OK with some things, and I'm not completely inept but I cant say I am good. Too often I have been known to just walk away and leave something to burn beyond recognition as the house fills with smoke and the alarms are going off and everyone is crying from the noise, and ADT is calling to see if I need the fire department to come rescue me. And then I have to tell them... well I will save that story for another time.

So last night I decided to make chicken nuggets, and I hate to buy frozen nuggets since they are.. well... disgusting! Thank you Jamie Oliver for ruining a yummy treat forever. So I have to make them myself. But Hubby HATES breaded chicken. I wont go into how he is the pickiest eater ever and yet will eat just about anything at another time.

Suddenly a light bulb came on in my brain. Chicken nuggets for the girls, throw some mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top over a beautiful pate of pasta with Marinara (which I had already made) and voila! Chicken Parmesan! He will eat that, why? I don't know, he just will. Its fine to be breaded if it is completely covered in sauce. Don't get me started on his crazy rules. It can be its own separate post.

The summary of my craziness is... I managed a quick healthy meal for different appetites, with out making 2 different meals = Happy Mom

No comments: