Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ladies Night!


I got to have a ladies night last night! There were 4 of us who just needed a night away from runny noses, clinging kids, poopy diapers and hungry husbands. The stove got a night off and so did I. We chose a local Irish Pub and it felt like being back in England again, and not just because of the bad service. Of course we were 4 moms with no time restrictions so the service really had no impact on our good time.

I ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala, mmm.

*Note to self, find good recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala. It needs to find a permanent place in my life.

As good as getting out for dinner is, it is never the best part of the night. Chatting like school girls is always the highlight of a good night. We talked about the hubby's and all their hilarious flaws, the kids and their highlights for the week, of course poop stories always make an appearance. And childbirth! Oh the stories of childbirth I have heard, and I never get tired of hearing them, or telling my own. There is something about that experience that we just love recalling. The gore, the hilarity, the scars, the pain, the recovery, the wait and weight. It is something all moms have in common, and I have never met a mom who wouldn't willingly part with all the personal details. I love it!

It was really nice to have some time away from you girls, but of course as soon as I got home I snuck in to check on you, and you always look so cute when you're sleeping. So cute in fact that I always have to sneak a kiss, fix the covers, fetch the fallen stuffed animals and whisper "I Love You" 's. But then I dart from the room as fast and quietly as my legs will allow as soon as you start to stir. I love you both but I don't want you awake!

No comments: