Monday, August 23, 2010

I usually try to stay away from all this

Politics is not something I would like to fill my blog with. It seems easier to just stay away for controversial topics and stick with light funny quotes from my girls or yummy recipes. I saw this episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and particularly felt moved by this piece. I hope the best of us can take something away from this. I think we all need to take a step back and think about what this whole "Mosque at Ground Zero" thing is really about! Think about what the true value of Freedom of Religion is. John Stewart says it best and I think this something everyone needs to watch.

As a strongly republican friend of mine said "the last 2.5 minutes of this is simply amazing".

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Extremist Makeover - Homeland Edition
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party



Well done Jon Stewart! As usual he takes a bit of a detour for comedic effect but the point is clear, we need to value and cherish ALL of our rights for ALL of our fellow citizens.

That's enough politics for now :)

No comments: