Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Parent Teacher Conferences


A few weeks ago it was parent teacher conferences for Beaus school.  This was a first for all of us so I was actually a little nervous!  No one wants to hear that their kids are struggling in school and I wasn't sure I would be able to handle that kind of news with any sort of grace. In fact I had already prepared my answer for when she would tell us Beau has ADHD and needs to be sent to a home to for professional help...

"You think you know my kid?! Huh?! Lets take this outside and I can introduce you to my friends Lloyd and Harry!" (for this to make any sense I must explain that I have name my fists Lloyd and Harry...for that to make any sense you must know that those are the main characters names in Dumb and Dumber...if that doesn't make sense you must leave my blog because you are obviously a terrorist)






....What was I talking about?....




Well the nerves were all for nothing because Beau got a rave review!  Im sure the teacher gave everyone a rave review but at least the things she had to say about Beau werent general compliments they were all things we already knew and loved about her.

Beau's rave reviews were...
Might be the happiest kid I have ever seen (well thats good to hear)
Seriously I have never seen her even a little sad (you must be a lot nicer to her than we are)
She is genuinely excited about everything (can you teach her how to go to bed at night without crying?)
She loves everyone and everything in the class (do you babysit?)
She has a great self image and confidence (we already knew that her royal highness has a good self image)
She is very independent (duh)
She knows all the fundamentals to move on to kindergarten next year (woohoo! Mommy gets one kid to go to school full time next year!! *happy dance*)

Beau's not so rave reviews were...
She loves to talk on the quiet carpet so she has to be reminded it is a QUIET carpet (no big surprise there)
She can't tie her own shoes (we only wear flip flops here so that needs to be worked on)
She could only count to 26 when we tested her (Beau responded by counting to 30)

And the final thing her teacher said she needed to work on...
Teacher: "She can't do a forward somersault"
Me: "..... ok.....wait....seriously?!  Beau do an applesauce"
Beau immediately does a perfect somersault,
Teacher: "OK i guess we can mark that off the list"
Me: "Yeah for some reason when she was like 2 she called it an applesauce and we have all called it that ever since"
Beau: "15.16.17."
Me: "Its probably just because it was the longest word she could pronounce so she thought it was the same thing"
Beau: "26. 27. 28."
Me: "Beau you can stop doing applesauce now"




So our little angel is going to move on to kindergarten next year!!!!  What?!?!






And I didn't even have to call in the help of Lloyd and Harry.

No comments: