Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Paleo Cookies

I got this recipe from my fabulous coach Elyse.  She is like 5' 120 lbs soaking wet and can kick your ass.  Like for real.  Keep an eye out for her and the rest of the CrossFit 808 team in the Nor Cal regionals this weekend!!


Anyway...the first time I tried this recipe I was very new to Paleo, and I had what I like to call "broken taste buds".  I wasn't that impressed by them.  It didn't taste like a Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie, which is what I had envisioned when I thought of a cookie.  Fast forward 6 months and I swear I am salivating just thinking about them.

hfdj;kl;gfhjkml,;trdyifugoihpoj[pk[lrdtfyguihpoj[p

Sorry I had to wipe the drool off the keyboard.

I'm telling you all this because if you have broken taste buds that rely on salt, starches, and sugars in every meal, these will taste too healthy for you.  If you have allowed Paleo to fix you, these will be AMAZING.  And I really don't think I'm over selling them.



Chocolate Chip Paleo Cookies
recipe adapted from the recipe of Elyse Umeda of CrossFit 808
makes 2 dozen cookies


2 Cups Almond Flour
2 Tbls Coconut Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Egg
1 Tbls Vanilla
1/4 Cup Cocnut Oil (melted)
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Dark Choc Chips (70% cacao or greater is considered Paleo)
1/2 Cup Chopped Macadamia Nuts


Preheat oven to 350*.  Melt coconut oil and set aside to cool a little.  Mix all dry ingredients together.  Add all wet ingredients. Mix well.  Add chips and nuts.  Mix Well.  Use cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop to ensure even cooking.  Bake for 13-15 mins or just until med brown color. Enjoy!!


Try and keep your intake to 1 a day, it will be impossible, but try.  These are loaded in fat and will drastically slow weight loss.  Don't tell my kids or hubby you are making these or you will have 3 new house guests :)

No comments: