Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Paleo for kids

I have had a lot of people asking what to pack in kids lunches that is Paleo friendly. The go to is always a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips, granola bar, fruit snacks and a juice box.

Hang on while I have a heart attack thinking about that....

I see that and I think, gluten, gluten, high fructose corn syrup, gluten, inflammation, diabetes, heart attack.

The main advice I can give is leftovers. We eat leftovers for lunch so why can't the kids? And truthfully most kids don't need or even like food reheated like we do.

Here are a few examples.
*note, I do allow the girls to occasionally have a little dairy. Beau likes string cheese, Alex likes a cup of milk in the morning. I'm a sucker and let them have it :)

Oh and that is a Paleo cookie at the bottom!




2 comments:

Elly Thielen...The Mothership said...

I LOVE the lunch boxes. Where did you get them?

Sam and Sara Ensminger said...

the lunch boxes are from http://www.laptoplunches.com