Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rootin Tootin Indeed.

A few weeks before her birthday I asked B what kind of a party she wanted.  She thought about it for a while, threw out a few ideas, squashed a few ideas, and got really excited for a Jessie from Toy Story 2 & 3 theme.  Well, I may have been the one who got really excited, but she was totally on board.

Jessie is a cowgirl who wears cow print chaps, the possibilities are endless.  So a country theme it is!  I started scouring the internet for ideas, and thanks to my new obsession, Pinterest, found oodles of them.  


Sorry these pics are in a weird order, I cant be bothered to change it now.


The Star of the Party
I made this cake myself and got so many compliments.  In all honesty it was the easiest cake I have ever made.  In an attempt to make things a little easier I just used a box cake mix with store bought icing, pre-made fondant that I dyed black, Beau already had the Jessie and Bullseye Characters and the "rope" is tootsie rolls that I rolled, twisted and used to cover my sloppy icing job.  But it tasted great and I was really happy with the end result.



 The flatware
The colors were black and white (for the cow hide chaps she wears), red (for her hat) and yellow (for her shirt).  I loved the bandana print napkins I found.



The appetizers 
Veggie tray with ranch, BBQ meatballs, and chips and salsa (because Sam is incapable of having people over with out chip and salsa out.  It didn't go with my theme but I decided Daddy could make one decision).
I neglected to get a picture of the main meal but it was...
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Coleslaw
Cornbread Muffins
Watermelon
Applesauce



 The Dessert Table
Jessie and Bullseye Cake
S'more Pops
Jessie's Hat Cookies



 The Goodie Bag Table
The goody bags were filled with 
Toy story fruit snacks
Water Guns
Parachuting GI Joes (from Toy story)
Plus kid cowboy hats and bandanas

PS, notice my new chalkboard that I made!



 Beau's life in Pictures
I loved this idea, pictures of the birthday girl from birth to 4 years.  It was super hard to pic what pictures made the cut but it may have been my favorite part of the party.  The twine and clothespins added to the theme (thanks for the idea Karly!)



 The Watering Hole
I covered my buffet with craft paper, used bandanas, and the barn door effect was a cheap plastic table cloth.



 Happy Birthday Beau
It was handmade (obviously) but seeing the look on Beau's face when I told her what it said and I that I made it for her was worth the paper cuts.




Ribbon was the perfect addition to the drink labels.



 The Giddy-Up Tea
Sweet Tea flavored Vodka with Lemonade.  It was a crowd pleaser.



 Mason Jars
Whats not to love about Mason Jars???



"The Bawoons" 
I knew we HAD to have cow print balloons.  The kids all loved them!


There it is.  Beau's Rootin Tootin 4th Birthday was a huge success and everyone had a great time.  I had a blast decorating and being crafty and Beau made all the hard work worth it when she gasped, held her face, and said 

"Mommy is this for my birthday?!  Oh, you make me so happy!"

I love you Baby Girl!  Don't grow up any more, ok?


1 comment:

A CocoBubba Life said...

Everything looks uh-mazing! I love the balloons and Beau's picture timeline. I've been looking for an occasion to make my own chalkboard since I left Hawaii. Haven't found one yet, but it's definitely first on my list. And the "Giddy-Up Tea", Brendan and I make that all the time with Jeremiah Weed, pretty sure we learned that from you and Sam.