Monday, May 3, 2010

Bad Gas

Around 10:00 this morning there was a knock at the front door. Pretty unusual for us. Even more unusual was the fact that it was a firewoman. Is that what they are called or are they female firemen?

Anyway, she informed us that there was a large gas by the house behind ours. She just wanted to inform us to avoid open flame and that it would be fixed soon. No problem... except that the girls were getting restless and wanted to go play outside. And it was stinky outside. Really stinky. It gave me a headache after a few minutes.

So I packed them up in the car with some lunch, water and blankets and we headed to the park for the next few hours. Or until they needed to crash, whichever comes first.

The park was great of course, the weather is fantastic and with the midget walking now they can both play by themselves and together. Except on the swings. God help me, I cant wait until they both learn how to pump their legs!

The nap time crash came later than I thought, which was great. They are currently sleeping and going on 3 hours now. Ahh I love the park! Not to say that I don't love spending time with them!

Oh and the gas is gone :) Thankfully there weren't any problems, I left the gas water heater on when I left and visions of huge mushroom clouds on the horizon were haunting me while at the park. Luckily I had the sounds of pure toddler bliss to keep me occupied :)

1 comment:

Jessica {The Novice Chef} said...

Hehe...Bad Gas :-P

Glad you and the girls got out for a nice day at the park!