Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mission : Cookies


Mission to find the perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies...I am almost there! This last batch was great but there was still a little room for improvement.

For me the perfect cookies have:

GOOD Chocolate - regular chocolate chips are great, but every recipe uses brands like Hershey's or Nestle. Plus the refrigerator cookies are great and easy, why would I try and make the same cookie at home with more steps and more time. Good chocolate, my favorite is Ghiradelli, really adds that extra pow that a good cookie needs.

Oats - oats add the necessary texture and mass that a good cookie needs. I don't want a flat cookie that breaks in half when you pick it up.

Nuts - I am still searching for the perfect nut to go with chocolate chip cookies. This last time I used Almonds. And they were great, but I think they really needed to be chopped smaller. Walnuts work good too but sometimes a bad walnut sneaks in and can be sour, not good for a cookie. I am going to try pecans next time but I am thinking I may need to find a mixture of several nuts. Hmm...

To be continued...

No comments: